Estes Park, CO USA
We, the owners and caretakers of This Mountain Life Cabins,
welcome you to stay with us on these simple terms and reasonable requirements.
If you have any questions or objections, please contact us. Thank you!
OUR GUEST PACT and SHORT-TERM RENTER AGREEMENT
This Guest Pact and Short-term Renter Agreement (“Agreement”) is made between Owners and Guests.
For due and respectful consideration one to the other, Owners and Guests agree to faithfully abide by these reasonable requirements:
1. Agreement to Rent. Quiet Enjoyment: Subject to Guests’ booking confirmation and this Agreement, Guests will gain whole house sanctuary in their Cabin of choice for the entire length of their reservation. More particularly, Redemption Cabin, Exploration Cabin or Reflection Cabin at 260, 262 or 264 E. Riverside Drive, Estes Park, CO USA (hereinafter, the “Rental Property”). The outdoor amenities are considered common property to be shared with other permitted TML guests.
Only the number of adults and children specified in Guest’s confirmed reservation may occupy the Rental Property.
Owners and their agents may enter the premises for groundskeeping, maintenance, cleaning, emergency, or Guest services.
2. Day of Arrival and Check-in: Check-in: 3:00 p.m. on Day 1 of Guest’s booking confirmation.
3. Care of Premises: Guests are expected to abide by all reasonable requests and take all reasonable precautions to keep safe and sound the Rental Property, the premises, dwellings and all contents.
a. Guests are expected to keep their Cabin, furnishings and contents in a clean, safe and good order. A broom and dustpan are available in each cabin for your comfort and convenience.
b. Appliances and other amenities may only be used for their intended purposes. No food, garbage or trash may go into garbage disposals, plumbing drains or pipes. Windows must be opened and closed with a delicate touch.
c. Pets, smoking, incense, candles and open flames are not permitted indoors.
d. No standing water on wood floors, countertops or cabinets. No knife use on counters; use cutting boards provided.
e. Food and trash must remain indoors. Guests must use secure trash bins or text TML for trash pickup.
4. Parking: Owners grant Guests one front door parking space for the length of their stay. No vehicles exceeding 20 feet in length are permitted. For Reflection Cabin, the front door parking space is quite small. Mini cars preferred. Reflection Guests with larger vehicles may require off-site parking. Check with Owners. When all cabins are occupied, Guests agree to cheerfully cooperate in sharing available on-site parking space. If off-site parking becomes necessary, Owners agree to reimburse Guests for actual parking fees paid.
5. Heat and Free Standing Stove: In addition to thermostatically controlled electric wall heaters, TML cabins have either a free-standing gas parlor or wood burning stove. Guests must exercise special caution during their use especially around children. The surfaces are hot to touch and may cause burns. Free Standing Stoves must be off when Guests vacate the dwelling.
6. Pantry and Fridge: Guests may use/consume their Cabin’s food, trail mix, snacks, drinks, condiments, pantry items, supplies, and paper products
7. Day of Departure; Check-out; Guest Responsibilities: Check-out: 10 a.m. on Guest’s Day of Departure.
Guests are expected to leave the Rental Property in substantially the same condition and order as on their Day of Arrival.
Required Guest Exit Checklist:
a. Load and start the dishwasher. (Listen for a moment to ensure dishwasher has started.)
b. Reset furniture and contents.
c. Bag trash and recyclables. (To accommodate homeward packing, Guests may leave wrapped food, unopened drinks and supplies in their Cabin for staff or future guests.)
d. Bag bed linens and towels (in bathroom hamper or laundry bag provided).
e. Sign Guest Registry.
f. Lock doors and leave keys under the front mat.
g. Text Owners on completion of checklist and time of departure.
8. Property Damage; Security Deposits; Breach: Guests are financially responsible for completing Day of Departure procedures, excess dirt or disorder, missing item replacement costs, damaged item replacement or repair costs, and repair costs of buildings or grounds. Before Guests’ departure they must notify Owners of Rental Property damage they observed or may have caused.
If at the end of the rental period the Rental Property is returned to Owners as the Agreement contemplates, Guests’ Security Deposit will be released in full within 5 business days. In the event of any excess costs or damages, Owner will provide Guest with an accounting of expenses incurred and deductions made from the Security Deposit. Should the damages exceed the amount of the Security Deposit, Guest(s) agrees to pay the balance within 5 business days after receiving notification.
Owner may terminate this Agreement on breach of any material term of this Agreement or booking confirmation. Guests shall not be entitled to the return of any rental monies paid and must vacate the Rental Property immediately.
9. Hold Harmless; Injuries; Property Damage: In the event Owner is unable to make Rental Property available for any reason, Guest(s) agree that Owners’ sole liability as a result of this unavailability is to provide a full refund of all monies paid under this Agreement (and Guest’s booking confirmation) and Guest(s) expressly acknowledge that in no event shall Owner be held liable for any special or consequential damages which result from this unavailability.
The Rental Property may offer access to outdoor recreational and water activities, including but not limited to hiking, mountaineering, rock climbing, fishing, canoeing, kayaking, white water rafting, bicycling, snowshoeing, horse back riding, and swimming. Guest(s) fully understands and acknowledges that outdoor recreational, rocky mountain, and water activities have inherent risks, dangers and hazards. Participation in such activities and/or use of equipment may result in injury or illness including, but not limited to bodily injury, disease, strains, fractures, partial and/or total paralysis, death or other ailments that could cause serious disability. Guests hereby assume all such risks and dangers and all responsibility for any losses and/or damages and agrees to fully indemnify and hold harmless the Owners and any and all agents, employees, or contractors for any injury or damage caused by these activities, whether caused by the negligence of the Owners, the negligence of the participants, the negligence of others, accidents, breaches of contract, the forces of nature or other causes foreseeable or unforeseeable. Guests hereby voluntarily agree to release, waive, discharge, hold harmless, defend and indemnify Owners and any and all agents, employees, or contractors from any and all claims, actions or losses for bodily injury, property damage, wrongful death, loss of services or otherwise which may arise out of use of Rental Property facilities, equipment, or activities. Guests further assumes full responsibility for the actions of any and all persons whom they may allow to enter the Rental Property during the rental period and indemnifies Owners from any and all claims arising from such other persons.
10. Cancellation; Refunds; Insurance: Bookings cancelled at least 30 days before Day of Arrival will receive a 100% refund of rent received. Bookings cancelled at least 14 days before Day of Arrival will receive a 50% refund of rent received. If the cancellation is made within 14 days of Day of Arrival, the rental amount will not be refunded. Guest(s) should check with their on-line booking site for refund treatment of their on-line booking and related fees.
Owners encourage Guest(s) to purchase traveler insurance in case of unforeseen circumstances, accidents or other issues that may prohibit Guest(s) from traveling or fulfilling these rental terms.
11. Conflict Resolution: Owners expect Guests and all concerned to conduct themselves in good faith with goodwill. This Mountain Life is a problem free zone. However, should a problem or unresolved issue ever arise Guests are expected to communicate directly with the Owners in a timely fashion.
As far as the law, this Agreement shall be enforced under the laws of Colorado, and (with the Guest’s booking confirmation) represents the entire Agreement of the parties. In the event of a dispute, legal action may only be instituted in Larimer County, State of Colorado. If any part of this Agreement shall be deemed unenforceable by law, that part shall be omitted from this Agreement without affecting the remaining Agreement. This Agreement governs in the event of any inconsistency with Guests’ on-line booking site terms or policies.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual agreements and covenants herein contained, Guests have read and agreed to the following:
We understand the rules and rental conditions upon which we are agreeing to rent accommodations and use Owners’ Rental Property, furniture, appliances, equipment, stoves and grills, rods and reels, bicycles, snowshoes, MICROspikes, watercraft, related outdoor tools, equipment, property, maps, trail guides, adventure books and land. We acknowledge and accept that the sole responsibility for safety lies with the participant. In agreeing to this, we acknowledge that outdoor, mountain, water, river and lake activities and exposure to the natural elements and animals can be dangerous and sometimes result in injury and even death. Riverbanks, streams, boulders, cliffs, steps, decks, porches and floors can be slippery, animals can threaten and infect or injure, exposure to the elements can cause altitude sickness, hypothermia, sunburn, among other risks inherent in participating in mountain outdoor and water activities. We know that alcohol and/or drugs do not mix safely with any outdoor activity.
I am over 25 years of age. I assume all legal responsibility for bodily injury to me or to any person accompanying me as a result of my visit and use, operation or possession of the Rental Property and equipment hired or loaned to me. Acknowledging this, I accept complete responsibility for the minor children in my charge and engage in outdoor activities or events at my/our own risk.
We will abide by the rules and accept these rental conditions:
The Rental Property we rent will be returned in the same condition in which it was rented and we will be responsible for all damage and/or loss that occurs during our rental period.
We will diligently discharge all Guest Day of Departure Responsibilities.
We agree to hold harmless and to indemnify the Owners and affiliates of the Rental Property against all loss, damage, expense and penalty on account of personal injury or property damage to ourselves, our traveling companions, any minor child or children in my/our charge, howsoever rising.
We/I acknowledge receipt of the Rental Property in good order and condition (if not, immediately on arrival or discovery, I will notify Owner with details) and further agree that the Owners of the Rental Property shall not be liable for consequential damages of any kind or nature from whatever cause arising, whether property or equipment is loaned or rented.
AGREED TO THIS DATE.
Rick and Cheryl Grigsby [Per booking confirmation,
dba Rocky Mountain Memories, Inc. facsimile signature,
dba This Mountain Life and click through acceptance of
Redemption, Exploration & Reflection Cabins electronic version)
260 – 264 E Riverside Drive
Estes Park, CO 80517